Before you get started, you’ll need to make sure your pellet stove has been installed correctly. Incorrect installation can be dangerous for you and damaging to your stove so please ensure this has been done as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Once you’ve completed installation, getting started with your pellet stove for the first time is simple, but always ensure that:
- The appliance’s front door must always be closed during operation and startup
- Make sure the appliance is completely shut down and the control dial is switched to “OFF”. You’ll also need to make sure the stove is cooled and the firepot is clean as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Open the front door and check all baffle has been installed correctly per the manufacturer’s instructions. Once you’re sure that’s all in order, close the door.
- – Check the hopper for fuel, and add fuel if you need to. Close the lid. Note: If the hopper is completely empty or this is your absolute first time using your pellet stove then the feed tube will need to be primed, and you will likely have some odors and vapors due to the paint in the stove curing (make sure you’ve created a well-ventilated space for this first use by opening doors or windows for the first half-hour of burning and burn on HIGH)
- Turn the control dial to your desired setting – the green light will start blinking quickly to let you know startup is initiating. Note: If ignition doesn’t work, the light will blink RED four times – this is your “missed ignition alarm”. Be mindful that it can take up to 20 minutes for this to register.
- You’re done! Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your stove!