Warninig: Every attempt has been made to ensure that the information contained is accurate at the time of writing. This guide is meant to supplement the owner’s manual for the particular units. Check your owner’s manual for more information.
What you’ll need for installation
Just a simple set of tools required for the installation of these pleasant hearth fireplace doors. All doors in their range have the same way of installing the doors
- phillips head
- Measuring tape
Before you start:
a) Remove all contents from the pack
b) Check the contents of the package with the parts list, making sure that there are no parts missing. (call the manufacturers customer service center at 1877 447 4768 if you have parts missing)
c) Make sure the fireplace is cool.
NOTE: Ensure your fireplace has been neutralized. Newly built fireplaces, sometimes contain a residue of acid from the construction of the build. This can cause red spots and rust.
1) Mount door handles using screws provided, attach both door-handles
2) Riser bar installation – This is included in your package, however, many fireplaces don’t require it.
If your fireplace is within the measurement, it’s usually not required
3) Put the gloves on to install the fiberglass insulation. It’s designed to protect the metal finish of the frame. separate 3″ and 2″ into 3 strips each. There are 4 channels at the back of your fireplace door. You need to measure the length of each channel, then cut the fiberglass insulation to fit.
4) place each fiberglass insulation into the respective channel. They don’t necessarily have to fill the channels to the full depth
5) Locate the Lintel bar, the L shape angle iron that supports the top of the fireplace.
6) Measure the width of the Lintel bar. If the width of the Lintel bar is less than 3″ or greater than 4″, check the manual.
7) Measure the distance from the bottom of the fireplace to the lintel bar (top) and check to determine where the lintel bar will line up with the slotted brackets. If reaches the top, key bracket facing the T-head facing up,
8) If the measurement is not the same height as the slotted brackets, assemble the key bracket with the T-head facing down.
9) Attach the key bracket with the lentil clamp with the 1/4″ 20 x 1/4″ machine screw. Don’t tighten. With the one quarter twenty x 2″ thumb screw in to the lintel clamp. Don’t tighten the thumb screw yet.
10) Place each T-head with the key bracket and slot it into the back door and turn bracket assembly to the horizontal position.
11) Gently place the fireplace door against the fireplace door.
12) Reach inside the fireplace, through the door to slide the lintel clamp back or forward into the lip of the clamp as firmly against the lintel bar, then tighten the screw,
13) Making sure the doors are firmly agaisnt the fireplace, tighten the thumb screws until the doors are secure on top. Repeat on the other side
14) Insert the 1/4 20 x 3 1/2″ thumbscrew into the pressure bracket then insert the pressure bracket into the pair of holes, closest to the side of the fireplace opening making sure thumbscrews pointing towards the sidewall of the fireplace, tighten the thumbscrew into the wall. Repeat on the other side
15) Always ensure the glass doors are open when you’re burning a fire, to ensure the glass doors don’t shatter.
Never clean doors while they’re still hot!
Still unsure if your fireplace opening is compatible ?
Please contact the manufacturer customer support at Toll-Free:1-877-447-4768